Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Hello friend!

Today is Hannah's 20th birthday (gasp!) and tonight I wanted to show you her card: 


Last week Janet Hamilton sent me a photo of a card, and asked if I knew how to do the technique.  (I think she referred to it as "newspaper reveal")  Anyway, we figured it out, and I thought it would be an appropriate thing to make for Hannah because of her journalism minor.  This is my version.  

It is so easy--all you have to do is clear emboss over newspaper, then use your brayer over top (I used Mellow Moss.)  Use a tissue or paper towel to buff the excess ink off the embossing, and there you have it. 

Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and did not allow the newsprint to dry before I glued it on the card, so I ended up with all these ridges.  Next time I'll know better--and now you can learn from my mistake, too!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment