Friday, May 10, 2013

Kites & Dance & Wedding Dresses. Oh my!!

Hello friend!

There's been so much going on--let me show you!  Two weeks ago we had our guild retreat.  One of the things I worked on was this kite quilt:


Everyone keeps asking, "why a kite quilt?"  I simply don't know... why do men climb mountains?  I suppose the answer is, "because it's there!"  These things pop in my head and I only have one way to get them out-- make them.  (Have you noticed that I seem to be on a kite kick this spring?  It seemed to start with my kite pages from last month.  I even have one more kite quilt to show you--when it is finished. )

Next on our calendar after the retreat was Natalie's dance recital.  Here she is afterwards, with the flowers she received.
She does such a wonderful job, and we are very                    proud of her.

Our last big event was our church's All-Daughter Banquet.  The theme was Wedding Memories and we had over 320 women there.  Lots of work, but even more fun!

We had a wedding fashion show of dresses worn by members and staff from Trinity.  The oldest dress there was from 1910--but some of the older ones were not worn to protect them.

Hannah modeled my dress (from 1987), and also my mom's dress (from 1961).  Here she is wearing mom's gown.  Doesn't she look beautiful in it?

Hope you are having as much fun as we are!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment