Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wonky Pound Sign

Hello friend!

Recently I saw a quilt block that was so simple, I couldn't wait to try it.  After I made a pillow with the technique, it occurred to me that the same idea would be an interesting way to make a card.  These are some of what I came up with while playing with the idea:


Tomorrow my "Card Club" is coming, and this is a technique I will teach them.    It is so easy and I think it looks great.  Start with a piece of designer paper (the green pattern in both samples).  Use a paper cutter and cut across the designer paper twice so it is now in three pieces.  (You could make these cuts evenly spaced and parallel, but I like the odd angles you get when they are irregular.)

Glue the three designer paper pieces onto another piece of card stock.  Trim the edges even.

Turn the designer paper and once again cut twice across (opposite of the first  two cuts) in the same manner.
Glue the three designer paper pieces onto a third piece of card stock.

Trim the edges.  In the "Thanks" sample, I cut the edges of all layers even, but in the "Thanks So Much"    sample I cut the third layer so there was a border around the piece.

If you make something with this idea, I'd love to see it!

Happy Stamping!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment