Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas and Valentine's Day this weekend!

Hello friend!

This year for Christmas, one of the gifts I gave Tim was a gift certificate to Olive Garden (his favorite) and a note that said I thought we should make the time to go “on a date” every month. Quite a lofty goal, actually, because he and I went out last night and couldn’t remember the last time we had dinner & a movie all by ourselves. It was wonderful to get away for a couple of hours! (And I recommend the new Mel Gibson movie--though I must admit I jumped practically out of my seat multiple times and had to look away from blood more than once.)
This weekend I also made time for sewing… and I have my first wall hanging done for my dining room!  I cut the hearts with the Petal Card die, and trimmed off two of the petals to create the hearts.  (this would also work on card stock if you are looking to make hearts for Valentine's Day)
 
It is not a blurry photo, or an optical illusion, the edges are not straight.  The hearts were sewn to the quilt top and then I snipped around the edges so that when it was washed it "ragged".   Gives it kinda of a fuzzy look.
It isn’t perfect—I know where all the flaws are and what I’d change if I were doing it again--but I’m still quite happy with the results. In fact, I’m thinking I should be planning a Big Shot Quilt class, or club…. Gotta think about that, but if you have any suggestions or would be interested, let me know!

Happy Stamping!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment