Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stampin' and Dancin' and Baseball, oh my!

Hello friend!

There are about a million and one things I could talk about here.  Maybe I exaggerate just a little, but it has been a busy couple of weeks.  Here's a little of what's going on:

The All-Daughter Banquet was awesome!  We set up for 292 women, and I'd definitely say it was a hit.  The quilt show was a fun addition, and our music was great.  (Didn't expect that because we had a Bluegrass band--something I know nothing about--but they were very talented and I could have listened to them longer!)  Remember the pincushions I showed you last week?  Here is what the centerpieces on the tables looked like:
You can just barely see my pincushion in the sewing basket.... and here is what the entire table looked like:
And part of the quilt show:


We've also been very busy with Natalie.  Her bell choir played several times last week (wonderful!) and the dance recital was fabulous! 
This is her tap class.... look at the concentration!  :)


Nick is on the JV baseball team, and their record is now 16-2, so they've obviously been successful.  I keep waiting for one of his monster hits to be over the fence, but he hasn't quite made it yet.  Keeps it exciting!  So exciting, in fact, that I just realized that I have taken my camera several times and just forgot to take any photos.  Gotta fix that today at the games!


With all this, you could understand if I had not done much stamping--but I've managed!  Here is one of the cards I made last Friday at the Scrapbook Fundraiser:

I absolutely ADORE this set!  It is called Elements of Style, and if you click on the link on the right, you can see it in the Summer Mini Catalog.  I've also got a link for the supply list for you. 

The hummingbird was made with our Watercolor Crayons colored directly on the stamp.  You need to use a little water (love the AquaPainter for this) and play with it a bit but you get a neat effect.  After I stamped, it seemed as if the hummingbird didn't have enough definition, so I used a Basic Black marker to give it a little bit of outlining.  Not a lot, you don't want it to look like a coloring book, just a few touches.  

My final photo is of our new card stock colors!  Stampin' Up sent them to all the demonstrators in our Stampin' Success magazine, but when mine arrived the magazine was not in the shrink wrap bag and there was no card stock.  Boo hoo... but when I called they immediately sent me another set so I wouldn't feel left out.  Thanks Stampin' Up!
I don't think the photo does them justice, but I can't wait to play with them!  You'll be seeing more of these later....

--:¦:- ) *

¸.·´ ·´¨¨)) -:
:- ((¸¸.·´ .·´ Wendy *· -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:
:- *


No comments:

Post a Comment