Saturday, February 13, 2010

Father/Daughter Dance!

Hello friend!

Each year we have a Father/Daughter Dance at our church.  It is so much fun to put together!  It was held last night, and I just have to show you the pictures I took during set-up.




The theme was the game Candyland. (gotta admit, I never liked the game, and when our leader suggested this I thought, "Ugghhhh". But it turned out very well!)

Walking into the church, this is the first thing they saw, and it led our dancers and their dads to...

 
(Decorated by Deb Carmoney)


the entry to the gym! Doesn't this just make you want to go see what's next?

(Decorated by Janel Barr)


And then we arrive inside the gym!

The dance floor had giant lollipops!


Now picture that the lights have been dimmed, the candles on the tables are glowing, and almost 60 couples of dads & daughters are dancing away to the chicken dance!  (I really wish I had a video of that!)  I was told that this year was "the best year yet" so we must have done all right!

Now that the dance is done, my total concentration goes to the Overnight Scrap & Stamp on Friday and Saturday!  This will be the largest one I've ever had--there are only 2 spots left! 

Have a great day,
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment