Saturday, August 7, 2010

A "do-nothing" kind of day...

Hello friend!

Actually, is it possible to have a "do-nothing" kind of day, but be busy also?  That's what today is for me.  I watched an episode of Bones (can't wait for the new season), and I've been sewing and reading, too.  (Reading "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.  Utterly silly, and who knows what Jane Austen would have thought, but I'm enjoying it!)  Before you think I've been a total bum, I've also done some laundry, and donated some clothes to a local charity.  Hmmm.  I guess it is a busy day after all.  Let me show you what I've been doing before today....

This is photo with quite a story.  As many of you know, my dad was in the hospital and extremely ill back in May, but we were lucky and the Lord allowed him to stay with us.  Since then, he tends to be cold and get cold easily.  Hard to believe with this hot July, but true.  Natalie and my mom and I went to the Old Uniontown Quilt Guild's show on July 3, and a lovely lady gave Natalie a fabric packet of pre-cut squares.  She immediately decided she would make Grandpa a quilt, and this is the result!  I'm very proud of the way she stuck to her project, and finished it in less than four weeks.  I helped her with the rotary cutting, and the binding, but this was her project, and she did most everything else with basic guidance. 

She put this label on the back:

Labeling my quilts is something I have been very bad at remembering.... need
 to be sure to remember from now on!

Well, I've been stamping, too, of course!  My friend Bonita had a workshop the other day, and this is one of the projects the attendees made: 

That lovely blended center is made with the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper, found in the Mini Catalog and in the Idea Book & Catalog.  LOVE IT!  If you'd like to make this 8 x 8 inch page with me, get  yourself invited to an upcoming party, or (even better) you can schedule your own.  I'd love to show this to you.


Close up on the little bird.  This punch is too much fun.


Natalie's not the only one who's been quilting.  I made this wall-hanging earlier this month, but never showed it to you.  This uses one of my favorite dies, the Bigz Flower. 


Here is a close up on one of the flowers.


This summer-y one was fun to put together, and I'm starting to quilt my next piece.    In fact, I think I'll go do some quilting now, while I have the house to myself and everything is quiet. 
   
Thanks for stopping here, and I'll talk to you soon!

--:¦:- ) * ¸.·´ ·´¨¨)) -:
:- ((¸¸.·´ .·´ Wendy *· -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:
:- *

No comments:

Post a Comment