Monday, June 14, 2010

Lots of "good stuff"!

Hello friend!

If you could see me now, you'd see a big smile on my face...  I'm on vacation!  Last week I told my boss I needed a "mental health" week.  We are not going anywhere, or doing anything big, but I don't have to go to the office.  What a good feeling!

To celebrate, I'm going to post new items every day this week.  I won't be able to show you everything, cause I'm working on "good stuff" for the brunch, but be prepared for me to post more than I have in quite a while.

Speaking of the brunch, I'm posting my invitation, now that everyone has received their originals:

Yes, I'm going with a luau theme this year!  Aloha!

Next up, graduation samples.  My nephew Jake's grad party was Saturday, and I really struggled with his card.  I know the card itself probably didn't mean all that much to him, but I wanted it to be just right.  I actually started and stopped and tore this apart several times before ending up with this simple design:


And the final touch was using the arrow punch on the envelope, so the orange showed through:



Natalie made these cards for her teachers:Natalie made these cards for her teachers.
She personalized them on the top layer (Mr. Hess's is a math teacher, hence the minus sign, etc.)  She did these with a little help from me, and did a great job!

Ok, we've covered Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so here's a card for today, once again using the Tropical Party set from the Summer Mini Catalog:

These palm trees are wonderful for a brayered scene.

That catches us up, so I'll be back tomorrow!
--:¦:- ) * ¸.·´ ·´¨¨)) -:
:- ((¸¸.·´ .·´ Wendy *· -:¦:-
 -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:
 :- *

No comments:

Post a Comment